GiveDirectly is a non-profit that allows donors to give money directly to the extreme poor in Uganda and Kenya. It is the first charity dedicated exclusively to cash transfers. We collaborated to create a website representative of their no-frills minimalism and commitment to radical transparency. By making datasets accessible and presenting real-time, dynamic results we pulled back the veil and encouraged anyone to dive into the details. No frills, no fluff – just facts and numbers showing how they move 91 cents of every donated dollar directly into the hands of the extreme poor.
The entire site re-design invites visitors to get informed, understand impact, and ultimately join in reshaping effective, international giving.
Strategy Services Rendered:
- Stakeholder Interviews
- Donation Form Optimization
- User Flows
- Design Reviews
- Search Engine Optimization
- Social Media Strategy
- Google Analytics Dashboards, Training and Event Tracking
- Website Content Inventory and Audit
- $1,000,000 in online donations 6 months since launch
- A 7.81% conversion rate, steadied to a 5.10% conversions rate, beating benchmarks by 2.3x in the International Aid Organization sector. (M+R / NTen 2014 Benchmarks Study)
- An average gift value of $292.82, beating the average gift benchmark ranged from $82-104 across all nonprofit sectors
- Approximately $20.59 earned per every website visitor, beating the $5.48 value per visitor benchmark. (M+R / NTen 2014 Benchmarks Study)