Taglit-Birthright Israel was born of a bold vision to make an educational trip to Israel an integral part of the life of every young Jew, in an effort to generate a profound transformation in contemporary Jewish culture and a connection between Israelis and their peers in the Diaspora. Over 450,000 participants from across the globe have visited Israel on a 10-day educational trip with their peers through Taglit-Birthright Israel. Most participants say that the trip was a “life-changing experience” that made them feel closer to Israel and to their Jewish heritage.
Wanting to capture the excitement, joy and discovery of a Taglit-Birthright Israel trip, the communications departments was tasked with creating a lively social community where news, opportunities, anecdotes, and real-time experiences could be shared.
During my tenure, I oversaw the administration of a digital communication, donations and integrated marketing strategy for Birthright Israel Foundation, a not-for-profit with a reach of over 450,000 participants from 66 countries. In almost three years, my strategy oversight amounted to over 200 distinct emails, 32 campaigns, daily social media updates with collateral, two annual reports, and the formation of a donor's only magazine.
Strategy Services Rendered:
- Community Management on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Buzzfeed, Instagram and Spotify from 2012-2014.
- Editorial Calendar
- Email Marketing
- Direct Marketing
- Digital Marketing
- Tagging, Procurement and Creation of Usable Photography Archive (Metadata, and Imagery Spanning from 2000 until 2014)
- Increased Facebook fans by 500% and engagement sevenfold, Twitter by 400%, created and verified Pinterest account.
- Facebook LIKES increased by 75,000
- Twitter followers increased by 11,000
- Pinterest increased by 1,600
- Instagram created and gained 1,500 followers
- Raised revenue from mail donations by 122%
- Raised revenue from online donations by 78%
- Recipient of MITX nedmaInteractive award for digital marketing in nonprofits for work in the "Mazel 13 Pin & Win" campaign
- Recipient of four NEDMA awards in Direct Mail and Interactive - E-mail, Fill A Bus Campaign Series, Year End-"Chai Five" Lightbox